Thursday, January 24, 2008

An Experiment in Light and Color...

Colors set off butterflies in my stomach, and the stronger the color, the more intense the butterflies. Call me crazy…or lucky to have found what excites me.

So in my latest experiment with lighting and color, I wanted to see what was possible with the small space in my apartment, and a point and shoot camera. This past Sunday, I had the opportunity to work with Bobby Del Rio and Lindsay Brown to explore the wonderful spectrum of color and light! We ended up working on this project for several hours, partially due to lighting changes and partially due to set changes. Suddenly, I have a newfound appreciation for an assistant (If you know of anyone who would like to work for free, I mean for the love of ART! Send them my way!).


The photos that I have chosen to display here could be split into three categories or sets. The first set were warm-up shots, to play around with different styles of white lights. These are the ones of Bobby sitting in a chair.


Warm-up!

The second set, which I like to call “the man with the devil’s soul,” is meant to build the story of a shady character…clearly a dark individual. For these photos I have drawn on reds and blues to tell the story. It’s rather funny how a seemingly kind friend could suddenly send a chill down your spine.


“the man with the devil’s soul”

The last set is meant to tell the story of “a troubled state”….The troubled state of a couple, a couple of friends? A couple who is dating? A couple of coworkers? Ultimately it’s a glimpse at the troubled state of a couple you may or may never know.


“a troubled state”

All in all, I am rather happy with the outcome, and am happy to share the end result. Please click on any of the pictures above, or go to the Photography! page for more.

BIG THANK YOU to Bobby Del Rio, Lindsay Brown and Carly Brown for all your help!!!


If you would like to be added to the mailing list, to receive an e-mail when new material is posted, please send me a message via the contact page indicating “mailing list” in the subject line.

Thanks so much!

Koray (Core-EYE) Salih




No comments:

Post a Comment