Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Shine a little light on me… well, on my knowledge!


Lighting makes the difference between good photography and great photography.  It can have such a demanding impact on the viewer.  That is why I consider it to be one of the most important elements of photos and the reason I am spending far more time on it lately. 

Last week when reviewing my shots I realized I had some lighting knowledge gaps.  Instead of pushing it off until later I decided to do something about it ASAP.  So, in the period of 48 hours I found a class at Working Proof Studios, signed up and finished the course.  Luckily only two other students were signed up that night so I maximized on my time with the instructor Philip Maglieri and our model/dancer Jennifer Mote. 

After 4 hours of shooting and learning not only did I clear up many of my question I also walked away with a series of great shots.  Bonus!  In all fairness I thought it was of the utmost importance that I share these shots with you.  I mean, if I don’t share them… who would know they even exist?  Anyway, my point is... there is always a solution if you have a minute to look for it.

For all those interested, I highly recommend taking this course or one of the others at Working Proof Studios.  For those advanced students, take a look at what they offer!

A BIG THANK YOU TO THE MODEL JENNIFER MOTE!

Happy shooting!

Koray (Core-EYE) Salih
















Head to www.koraysalih.com for more stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment